"PENLLERGAER, formerly in Pennard, is now, under Local Government Board Provisional Confirmation Order No. 6, 1918, a hamlet in Llangyfelach. The church of Saint David, at Penllergaer, a chapel annexed to Llangyfelach, is a building of stone in the Early English style, ... : there are 150 sittings. The register dates from the year 1851. ... Penllergaer is the seat of Sir John Talbot Dillwyn-Llewelyn bart. D.L., J.P. who is the principal landowner." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
Chapel of ease to Llangyfelach, formed into a parish in 1937
The church is dedicated to St. David, is in the Benefice of Penllergaer, and Diocese of Swansea and Brecon. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SS609986.
Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff