The Glamorgan Family History Society have produced a set of microfiche containing Monumental Inscriptions for the following burial grounds :-
- Parish Church of St. Cynwyd
Visit their website for information on how to purchase.
Places, villages, farms etc within Llangynwyd parish as shown on the online parish map from the CD of Historic Parishes of England and Wales: an Electronic Map of Boundaries before 1850 with a Gazetteer and Metadata [computer file]. (Kain, R.J.P., Oliver, R.R.). (Extracted by Rina Callingham)
- Llangynwyd Higher  : - Abergwynfi, Argoed, Blaencaerau Fm., Blaencaerau Inn, Bryn Siw'rnai, Bwlch Garw, Caerau, Cefn yr Argoed, Coal Level, Coedcae isaf, Collieries, Craig Walter, Daren y Bannau, Dyffryn, Foel Dyffryn, Foel Fawr, Foel Trawsnant, Gelli, Hendre Owen, Hosp., Mynydd Bach, Mynydd Caerau, Mynydd y Gelli, Nant Dyrye, Nant-y-bar Street, Nant y Fedw, Pen-y-castell, Rhiw Gynwyd, Spelter, Standing Stone, Taren Forgan, Ty-Derwen, Ty Nant
- Cwmdu ; - Blaen-cwmorrwyn, Bryn-defaid, Brynmawr, Caer-Emi, Cemetery, Cwmcerwyn, Cwmdu, Bryn-y-rhyg, Daren Garth, Garn Wen, Garth Hill, Garth, Glan Llynfi, Golf Course, Gwilym Hywel, Hosp., Lluest-wen, Llwydarth, Maesteg, Moel Sychbant, Nantyffyllon, Old Coal Levels, Pant y Ffald, Pentre, School, Tor-cerryg, Troedyrhiw Garth Sta., Waun Lluest-wen
- Llangynwyd Middle  ; - Bryn-Cynan, Bryndwyarch fach, Castle, Cwm Felin, Foel-fach, Gelli-siriol, Gilfach, Llangynwyd, Llangynwyd Sta., Llwyn Gwladys, Maes-cadlawr, Moel Troed-y-Rhiw, Nant Bryn-Cynan, Nant y Gadlys, P Bwlwarran (camp), Pont Rhyd y cyff, Reservoir, Ty'n-y-waun, Waun Gilfach, Waun y Gilfach
- Llangynwyd Lower ; - Aberbaiden, Baiden, Camp, Cefn Ydfa, Coytrahen, Cwmriscan, Entrenchments, Gelli-las-fawr, Inn, Mynydd Baiden, Mynydd Ty-talwyn, Pentwyn, Tondu Ho., Weir.
Description of parish from A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1833) by Samuel Lewis.
You can see pictures of Llangynwyd which are provided by:
Some of the hamlets, towns and villages within this parish
You can see the
administrative areas in which Llangynwyd has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
This diagram shows the position of this parish within the county of Glamorgan - click on this to see a full size diagram of the county
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SS857888 (Lat/Lon: 51.586426, -3.651193), Llangynwyd which are provided by: