"CAERAU is an ecclesiastical parish formed from St. Cynwyd, Llangynwyd, by an Order in Council gazetted November 11th, 1911. The new parish is coextensive with the civil parish of Llangynwyd Higher. The church of St. Cynfélyn, Caerau, erected in 1910 at a cost of £4,300, is a building of stone, consisting of chancel and nave: there are 600 sittings. The living is a vicarage, net yearly value £310, with residence, in the gift of the Bishop of Llandaff and the Board of Patronage, ... St. Cynfelyn church, erected in 1899, is a structure of brick, ... it is now used as a mission hall." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
The church is dedicated to St. Cynfelin, is in the Benefice of Caerau St. Cynfelin, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SS856944.
Anglican Parish Registers
No Registers have been deposited yet
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of Caerau which are provided by: