We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.

Cwmdu in the Parish of Llangynwyd

Directories
Occupations
Public Records
Schools

Directories

Transcript of complete name listing for Maesteg, with the parishes and villages of Cwmdu, Baidan, Bettws, Llangeinor, Llangynwyd, Nantyfyllon and Spelter, from Slaters Directory for 1880.

Occupations

St John's Colliery (site of older Cwmdu colliery) on the Welsh Coal Mines site

St John's Colliery, Maesteg - on the mindat site

Public Records

Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;

  • Cwmdu Local Board of Health, records     "Records of the Cwmdu Local Board of Health and Maesteg Local Board of Health: minutes, ledgers and accounts books pertaining to the Cwmdu and Maesteg Local Board of Health; minutes, 1858-1896, including Maesteg UDC minutes, 1895-1896; surveyors' reports, 1892-1896, including reports to Maesteg UDC, 1895-1896; ledgers, 1868-1894; account book, 1878-1892; and letter books, 1882-1892

Schools

Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;

  • Cwmdu and Llangynwyd School Board records             " ........ comprising of minute books, 1894-1901; Ledger, 1902-1903; Letter book, 1894"

 

Cwmdu in the Parish of Llangynwyd [Last Updated : 14 May 2007 - Gareth Hicks]