"LLAN ISAN, in the Cwmwd of Cibwyr, Cantref of Brenhinol (now called the hundred of Kibbor), County of GLAMORGAN, South Wales: a Perpetual Curacy, not in charge, of the certified value of £10.: Patrons, The Earl of Plymouth, and Charles Kemys Tynte, Esq., alternately: Church dedicated to St. Isan. The Resident Population of this Parish, in 1801, was 329. The Money raised by the Parish Rates, in 1803, was £269..1..0, at 11s. in the pound. it is 4 m. N. b. NW. from Caerdiff. Here is a Free School. This Parish contains from five to six hundred acres of Land. St. Denis's Well is esteemed efficacious in Scorbutic complaints. According to the Diocesan Report, in 1809, the yearly value of this Benefice, arising from Stipend, and Augmentation, was £46."
From: A Topographical Dictionary of The Dominion of Wales by Nicholas Carlisle, London, 1811.