We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.

Chapels - Llanmadog

This project is fully described on Glamorgan Chapels Database

This Llanmadog  database compiled by Gareth Hicks

If a chapel is already mentioned on the main parish page then its name will act as a link to that section for any data recorded there - such as extant records and OS Grid references

Some chapels may have more than one entry if it is not possible to correctly identify each from a particular source

(For an explanation of the various non-conformist denominations see Gareth's Help Page )

Sources referred to (indicated by number shown in brackets after the data entry) where there may be more data available

  • 1. Kelly's Directory, South Wales 1895 -  the Archive CD Books Cd
  • 2. Kelly's Directory, South Wales 1910 -  the Archive CD Books Cd
  • 3. The Chapels Recording Project in Wales (RCAHMW)
  • 4. Jones, I.G. & Williams, D. The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 1,     South Wales. UWP,   Cardiff, 1976

 Additional source


No Baptist chapels found here



 No Congregationalist chapels found here



Trinity Welsh/English Calvinistic Methodist chapel, Llanmadog

  • There is a place of worship for Welsh Calvinistic Methodists [Llanmadog]  
    ( A Topographical Dictionary of Wales by Samuel Lewis 1833)
  • There is a CM chapel  [ Llanmadog]              1895  (1)         and   1910  (2)
  • Trinity CM, Llanmadock     Erected in 1816           William Griffiths, Minister, Burry Green           1851    (4)
  • Trinity chapel, Cheriton     SS44749319   Built in 1816, modified, altered or rebuilt in 1867     (3)
  • Trinity chapel, Cheriton  Gower, the journal of the Gower society (url now dud)  Index entry Vol 52, p57
  • Trinity Cheriton English CM chapel      Glebe House, Gower, Abertawe, Abertawe SA3 1DE  - still open in 2006
  • These sources are confused, according to the old-maps site Trinity CM chapel is in a place called Froglane on the border between Llanmadog parish and Cheriton parish but just within the former

Llanmadock Primitive Methodist chapel

  • Llanmadock Primitive Methodist chapel              Erected in 1838          John Jenkins, Manager         1851  (4)



Other (inc un-identified)




[Last Updated :  7 May 2008  -  Gareth Hicks]