"BIRCHGROVE, a small village in this parish, is about 1 mile east. The church of St. John, a chapel of ease to St. Samlet, erected in 1890-1 at a cost of £1700 is a stone building with Bath stone dressings in the Gothic style, ... There are Calvinistic Methodist, Congregational and Welsh Apostolic chapels. ..." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
The church is dedicated to St. John, is in the Benefice of Llansamlet, and the diocese of Swansea and Brecon. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SS705986.
Anglican Parish Registers
No Registers have been deposited yet
Non Conformist Registers Deposited at West Glamorgan Archive Service (WGAS)