"KILVEY is an ecclesiastical parish, formed 4 May, 1881, from Swansea and Llansamlet. The church of All Saints was opened in 1842 as a chapel of ease to Llansamlet: it is a building of stone in the Decorated style, ... there are seven stained windows: a marble memorial to those of the parish who fell in the Great War, 1914-18, was unveiled in 1921 by Field-Marshal Lord Grenfell of Kilvey: the church was restored in 1883, at a cost of £960, and affords 500 sittings. The register dates from the year 1846. The living is a vicarage, net yearly value £200, with residence, in the gift of the Bishop of St. David's and the Board of Patronage, ..." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
Parish formed in 1881 from Llansamlet and Swansea, St. Mary
The church is dedicated to All Saints, is in the Benefice of Swansea St. Thomas and Kilvey, and the diocese of Swansea and Brecon. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SS664941.
Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff
Kilvey Ecclesiastical Parish Records "Registers (including service and banns registers) 1845-1971; Churchwardens' accounts 1923-1968; faculties and plans 1859, 1919; PCC and Vestry minutes 1907-1987; photographs 1890s and 1906; church history 1995; papers relating to the freehold of Pentrechwyth Mission Hall 1934"
"Dedicated to All Saints. Built in 1842; parish formed mainly from Llansamlet and partly from Swansea in 1881. Originally included a mission church at Pentrechwyth, which is now in the parish of Glantawe. Currently joined with St Thomas."