GENUKI Home Page LlantrisantLlantrisant Contents Contents

Llantrisant

Chapels database

This project is fully described on Glamorgan Chapels Database

This Llantrisant database compiled by Glenys Travis with contributions from;

If a chapel is already mentioned on the main parish page then its name will act as a link to that section for any data recorded there - such as extant records and OS Grid references

Some chapels may have more than one entry if it is not possible to correctly identify each from a particular source

(For an explanation of the various non-conformist denominations see Gareth's Help Page )

Sources referred to (indicated by number shown in brackets after the data entry) where there may be more data available

 Additional sources

 

Baptist

  • 1833 - The Baptists, Independents, and Calvinistic and Wesleyan Methodists, had each one place of worship in the town; the Independents had also additional places of worship at Cymmer and Crossvaen ; and the Methodists one at Velin Vawr within the parish  (2)
  • 1871; GLAMORGANSHIRE BAPTIST ASSOCIATION: CYMANFA IN DINAS, RHONDDA VALLEY, UNDER REV. H.W.HUGHES EX-MINISTER BETHANY, NEATH   (14)

Bethania Baptist Chapel, Pencoedcae Road, Beddau

Pisgah Welsh Baptist chapel, High St, Cymmer

  • Pisgah Welsh Baptist chapel, High St, Cymmer          ST02239048        Built in 1894, not still in use in 1998   (1)
  •  
  • Pisgah Welsh Baptist chapel,Cymmer (Capel Bedyddwyr Cymraeg Pisgah)  built 1894/5, remained active in 1912
    "Ledger, 1894-1912; Band of Hope subscriptions, 1907-1908"           Archives Network Wales site

Welsh Baptist chapel, Dinas

  • There is a Baptist chapel in Dinas               1910   (11)
  • Rev David Cadifor  Jones (Welsh Baptist), lived at Craig-y-don             1910   (11)

Moriah Baptist chapel, Cambrian Ave, Hendre Forgan

  • Moriah Baptist chapel, Cambrian Ave, Hendre Forgan         SS98058837       (1)

Tabor Welsh Baptist Chapel, High Street, Llantrisant

  • Tabor Welsh Baptist Chapel, High Street, Llantrisant               ST04838344     Built in 1859. (1)
  • 1865 - Rev. Edmund Jones, Minister (5)
  • 1880 - Rev. Thomas Baker, Minister (8)
  • 1895 - Rev. John Jones, Minister; seating 300   (9)
  • Tabor Welsh Baptist, Llantrisant                 300 sittings                  1910   (11)
  • Extant records  (13)
  • Welsh Baptist chapel, Llantrissant                     Rev. Jenkin Jenkins    1871   (16)

Baptist school room, Swan St, Llantrisant

  • Ysgoldy Chapel,  Llantrisant           ST0483       (1)
  • 1865 - Rev. Edmund Jones, Minister   (5)
  • 1868 - Rev. E Jones, Minister  (6)
  • 1823, October 3; Baptist; the school-room of Edmund JONES, Baptist Minister, situated in Swan Street, being the property of R.F.RICKARDS, esq, of the town, but in the occupation of the said Edmund JONES; the said Edmund JONES, William MORGAN, Samuel HUSSEY     (3)

Bethel Baptist chapel, Pontyclun

Baptist Chapel, Heol Johnson, Talbot Green

  • Baptist Chapel, Heol Johnson, Talbot Green                           ST03978280                  (1)

Bethlehem English Baptist chapel, Bethania Hill,  (Thomastown ?)   Tonyrefail

  • Bethlehem English Baptist chapel, Bethania Hill,  Thomastown      ST01048688                (1)
  • On  rhondda churches is a link to  the site of Bethlehem Baptist church, Tonyrefail which appears to be more or less the same site as this one described as in Thomastown  
  • Bethlehem Baptist, Bethania Hill, Tylcha Wen, Tonyrefail   -  on Tonyrefail.org

Ainon Welsh Baptist chapel, Waunrhydd Rd, Tonyrefail

  • There are are English and Welsh Baptist chapels in Tonyrefail     1910  (11)
  • Ainon Welsh Baptist chapel, Waunrhydd Rd, Tonyrefail                       ST00768828      Built in 1861      (1)
  • MIs index  (12)
  • Extant records  (13)
  • Oinon (Welsh) Baptist, Tonyrefail                    ministers various     1871  (16)
  • Eglwys Ainon Welsh Baptist  - details of records    Archives Network Wales site  Opened in 1862, new chapel in 1895
    "Annual reports, 1910-1975; accounts, 1925-1933; records and plans relating to the chapel fabric, 1894-1940; copy of Hanes Eglwys Ainon, Tonyrefail, o 1860 hyd 1917; photographs and miscellaneous papers, 1953-1990; and marriage registers, 1958-1976"
  • See Welsh Chapels and Churches for a photograph
  •  
  • The Ainon Chapel (closed in 1970/1) , the Vicars House have been pulled down. The grave stones have been placed around the perimeter and the whole area tarmaced - now a car park for the Workingmen Club (17 Roy D)

Salem English Baptist chapel, Gilfach Rd, Tonyrefail

  • Baptist chapel, Gilfach Rd, Tonyrefail        ST00538819                  (1)
  • Salem English Baptist, Gilfach Rd       MIs index  (13)
  • On  rhondda churches is a link to  the site of this chapel
  • Salem Baptist - on Tonyrefail.org

Zion Baptist Chapel, Parish Road, Tyn-Y-Nant

  • Zion Baptist Chapel, Parish Road, Tyn-Y-Nant                    ST06268510                 (1)
  • 1830 October 2; Protestant; a meeting house called ZION Chapel; Richard EVAN(s), farmer    (3)

Bethabara Baptist chapel, rear of Alfred St, Williamstown

  • Bethabara Baptist chapel, rear of Alfred St, Williamstown      ST00249087     Still in use in 2000          (1)
  •  
  • See Welsh Chapels and Churches for a photograph

Sion Welsh Baptist chapel, Penrhiwfer Rd, Williamstown

  • Sion Welsh Baptist chapel, Penrhiwfer Rd, Williamstown      ST00249064     Demolished pre 2000           (1)

Baptist, near the Crosskeys

  • 1826 May 1; Baptist; a house built upon the property of J.HARRIS, Treverheg, situated near the Crosskeys; David JAMES of Llantrisant, Baptist Minister, William MORGAN, William JONES   (3)
  • Baptist chapel                         Erected in 1826                     William Thomas, Local Preacher, Gwen y Mol Farm, Llantrisant        1851   (19)                    [same place?]

Particular Baptist, adjoining the mill of Pont Rywsae(s)on

  • Undated (endorsed Registered 1810, July 9); Particular Baptist; the house adjoining the mill of Pont Rywsae(s)on, now in the possession of John JENKIN: James PERROT, Pastor of the paricular Baptist congregation assembling at Cross Park in the parish of St Nicholas, Richard JONES, Lewis EDWARD, Thomas GRIFFITH, Evan LEWELLIN, John THOMAS, David JOHN, part for the whole  (3)

 

Congregationalist

 1833 - The Baptists, Independents, and Calvinistic and Wesleyan Methodists, had each one place of worship in the town; the Independents had also additional places of worship at Cymmer and Crossvaen ; and the Methodists one at Velin Vawr within the parish  (2)

Caersalem Newydd Welsh Ind chapel, High St, Cymmer

  • Caersalem Newydd Welsh Ind chapel, High St, Cymmer     ST02449083  Built in 1907, not still in use in 1998  (1)

Cymmer Welsh Ind chapel (Hen-Gapel-y-Cymmer), High St/Trebanog Rd, Cymmer

  • Cymmer Welsh Ind chapel                    Opened in 1809                 (10)
  • Cymmer Welsh Ind chapel (Hen-Gapel-y-Cymmer), High St, Cymmer     ST02519099       Built in 1743, rebuilt in 1834, not still in use in 1999. Chapel photographed Jan. 2004 before affected by a road improvement scheme, the graveyard is to be removed but the chapel will be retained.      (1)
  • Cymer Ind chapel (Pisga Cymer), Trebanog Rd, Cymmer    ST02229049    Built in 1743, modified, altered or rebuilt 1834, 1871 and 1886.    (1)      
    [These two entries above describe the same chapel on 2 different  sites within Cymmer - see below]
  • Extant records for Cymmer Hen Gapel Congregational   (13)
  • Cymmer Ind records (under Rhondda)    (12)
  • Cymmar Ind            Erected before 1800                   Joshua Evans, Minister     1851   (19)
  • There is a photograph of the chapel on the Parish of Cymmer and Porth site
  • See Welsh Chapels and Churches for a photograph
  •  
  • There is a book by Mihangel ap Rhys: Eglwys Annibynnol y Cymer, Rhondda: braslun o'i hanes, 1738-1938, (Porth, 1938)       (18)
  • And an article; Lewis, E. D.; Jones, Ieuan Gwynedd. 'Capel y Cymer'. Morgannwg, 25 (1981)
  •  
  • Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for this chapel (in Welsh) copied by Gareth Hicks from the Cd published by Archive CD Books. Translation by Steve Stephenson (Oct 2008)
  • The cause at Cymmer was established by Henry Davies in 1738 and can therefore claim to be the parent church of nonconformity in the Rhondda. In 1740 there was an enrolled membership of 63, and in 1743 the old Cymmer Chapel was erected. This was rebuilt on its current site in 1834, with branch churches erected at Ynyshir and Porth in 1879.  In 1855 Cymmer Chapel was extended with space for a thousand worshippers. Nine branches were formed from Cymmer Church at Castellau, Dinas, Gilfach, Porth, Sardis in Pontypridd, Tonyrefail, Saron in Williamstown, Bethel in Hafod, and Saron in Ynyshir. The chapel has now closed [2004 ?] and the graveyard has been demolished.   (Jill Muir  17)

Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;

  • Cymer Independent Chapel, Porth records          "The first minister of the first Cymer Independent (Congregational)church or Eglwys Annibynnol y Cymer was appointed in 1752 but little is known of its early history though it is reputed to have been established in 1740. The church is later described as Yr Hen Gapel(the Old Chapel)and is known to have assisted in the establishment of several other churches including Eglwys Annibynnol Castellau, Llantrisant. The register covers the ministries of Morgan Jones, 1787-1817, Thomas Davies, 1818-1825, and Joshua Evans, 1825-1855"
    "Baptism register, 1796-1844; letter, 1825"

 Comments on Glamorgan list (2/09;

  • Hen-Gapel-y-Cymmer did have a cemetery .... The chapel moved to another site in 1834.... Chapel and graveyard  demolished ... The Gla RO site only shows extant bapts - with burials for 1813/17
  • Cymmer Chapel [old] moved across the road, as I understand it.  The old chapel is really very nice, but has been sold and is supposed to be being made into a house. The graveyard was closed many years ago. It was in an awful mess when I went there first about 25 years ago. Overgrown, unloved and place for junkies and rubbish generally.  It was a sorry sight and site. In the last couple of years a new road was built and this meant moving the graves as the road was going through part of this graveyard.  The bodies were moved to Trealaw Cemetery where I understand they are buried in one part of the cemetery.  
  • There is a list of the bodies removed from the graveyard ........ I  think Trealaw cemetery opened in 1881 .....Considering how big the graveyard was at Cymmer, the list of bodies moved  is quite small - it was probably difficult to obtain a full burial list & I  suppose many people were omitted from the list.

 

Cymmer English Congregational, High St, Cymmer

  • Cymmer English Congregational, High St, Cymmer      ST02529095     Built in 1870, not still in use in 2000   (1)

Bethania Welsh Ind chapel, Dinas Rd, Dinas

  • Bethania Welsh Ind chapel, Dinas Rd, Dinas       ST00929172           (1)        
  • There is a Congregational chapel in Dinas                Rev David Overton (Congregational)     1910  (11)   
  • Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for this chapel (in Welsh) copied by Gareth Hicks from the Cd published by Archive CD Books. Translation by Steve Stephenson (Oct 2008)

 

Bethel Independent Chapel (Ty Cwrdd Uchaf), Blue St, Llantrisant  

  • Bethel Independent Chapel ( Ty Cwrdd Uchaf), Llantrisant     ST04608345    Built in 1809, and further works done 1867. (1)
  • 1865 - Rev. Sem Phillips, Minister (5)
  • 1868 - Rev. Sem Phillips, Minister (6)
  • 1895 - Rev. John Llewellyn; seating 300 (9)
  • Bethel (Welsh), Llantrissant                    Rev. Dan Griffiths           1871  (16)
  • Marriage by certificate at Bethel Independent Chapel, Llantrisant on 20th August 1867, the minister was Dan Griffiths  (17 ET)
  • Bethel Ind, Blue St, Llantrisaint              Erected in 1809                  John Davies, Deacon, Mason, Cefn Mably, Llantrisaint        1851   (19)
  • 1807 February 3; Independant; a room, part of a house belonging to James JACOB, called the George; Griffith HUGHES, the said James JACOB, Thomas LEWELLIN, William MORGAN; Richard OWEN, W. JOHN, Evan JAMES, John EVANS
  • 1809 September 6 Independant; the newly built house called Bethel Chapel; James JACOB, William MORGAN, Thomas LEWELLIN (3)
  •  
  • Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for this chapel (in Welsh) copied by Gareth Hicks from the Cd published by Archive CD Books - with translation

Castellau Welsh Independent Chapel, Llantrisant

  • Castellan Welsh Independent Chapel, Llantrisant           ST05078567           Built in 1842, more work done in 1877; in 1995 still a  Chapel  (1)
  • Castellau English Ind           Opened in 1841          (10)
  • 1865 - Rev. Henry Oliver, Minster (5)
  • 1868 - Rev. Henry Oliver, minister (6)
  • 1895 - mentioned; seating 250 (9)
  • Welsh Ind chapel, Castellau    300 sittings      1910  (11)
  • MIs index  (12)
  • Capel Castellau, Independent         Erected in 1843, not used exclusively as a place of worship             Joshua Evans, Minister, Cymmar         1851   (19)
  •  
  • Book index entry "Castellau Congregational Chapel, circa 1930"       (15)
  • Shown as still open on the Union of Welsh Independents site (Dec 2006)
  •  
  • Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for this chapel (in Welsh) copied by Gareth Hicks from the Cd published by Archive CD Books - with translation

Zoar Welsh Independent Chapel, High Street, Southgate, Llantrisant

  • Zoar Welsh Independent Chapel, High Street, Southgate, Llantrisant  ST04738327 provisional notes and outline sketch plan by Howard Thomas 1993. (1)
  • 1895 - Rev. William Carrog Davies, Minister;  seating 200          (9)
  • Soar Welsh Ind, Llantrisant               550 sittings               Rev Thomas Edward Thomas  1910  (11)
  • Zoar (Welsh), Llantrissant            Rev. Caradoc Davies     1871  (16)
  •  
  • Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for this chapel (in Welsh) copied by Gareth Hicks from the Cd published by Archive CD Books - with translation

Tabernacle Congregational chapel, Llantrisant Rd/Cowbridge Rd, Pontyclun

  • 1895 - Tabernacle, Congregational, Pontyclun;     Rev. John Williams. Minister; seating 400           (9)
  • Tabernacle Welsh Ind, Pontyclun                     410 sittings              Rev Taliesin Williams     1910  (11)
  • Tabernacle Congregational chapel, Llantrisant Rd/Cowbridge Rd, Pontyclun    ST03518132    Built in 1892, still in use in 1997             (1)
  • 1828, November 19; Protestant; a chapel called the Tabernacle; William JOHN, farmer   (3)

Bethany English Baptist Church, Ford Road, Pwll Gwaun

  • Bethany English Baptist Church, Ford Road, Pwll Gwaun         ST06379034    (1)

Bethel Welsh Congregational chapel, Mill St, Tonyrefail

  • Bethel Welsh Ind chapel, Mill St, Tonyrefail            ST00988813            Built in 1880, modified, altered or rebuilt in 1888 and in 1894                (1)
  • There is a Congregational  chapel in Tonyrefail                   Rev J Gwhryd Lewis        1910  (11)
  • Bethel Chapel in Mill St  closed but the Penticostal Church took it over and is still going strong (17 Roy D)

Congregational chapel, Trebanog Rd, Trebanog

  • Congregational chapel, Trebanog Rd, Trebanog     ST01598993          Built in 1881, still in use in 2000          (1)

Saron Welsh Ind chapel , Arthur St/Caroline St, Williamstown

  • Saron Welsh Ind chapel (Sion?), Arthur St/Caroline St, Williamstown       ST00269082     Demolished pre 1998                 (1)
  • See Welsh Chapels and Churches for a photograph of conversion

 

Methodist

  • 1833 - The Baptists, Independents, and Calvinistic and Wesleyan Methodists, had each one place of worship in the town; the Independents had also additional places of worship at Cymmer and Crossvaen ; and the Methodists one at Velin Vawr within the parish  (2)
  • 1840; WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODISTS - MEETING AT LLANTRISANT   (14)

Mount Pleasant Calvinistic Methodist Chapel, Gwaunmiskin Road, Beddau  

Seion Calvinistic Methodist chapel, Cowbridge Rd, Bryn Sadler

  • Calvinistic Methodist chapel, Bryn Sadler      300 sittings            1910  (11)
  • Seion CM chapel, Cowbridge Rd, Brynsadler   ST02968072     Built in 1826, modified, altered or rebuilt in 1863, not still in use in 2000           (1)
  • Bryn Sadler CM                 ministers various        1871   (16)
  • Sion CM, Llantrisant      Erected in 1829     Richard Evans, Maes y gelin, Llantrisant     1851   (19)    [same place?]

Bethania Welsh CM chapel, Tylcha Wen, Coed Ely / Thomastown

  • Bethania Welsh CM chapel, Tylcha Wen, Terrace, Thomastown, Coed-Elai   ST01068694    Not in use in 1997   (1)

Methodist church, Ely Valley, Coedely

  • Methodist church, Ely Valley, Coedely                ST01848591              (1)

Calvinistic Methodist chapel, Crossvaen

  • Calvinistic Methodist chapel, Crossvaen        300 sittings              1910  (11)
  • Book index entry;- "Groesfaen Chapel, 1920"   (15)
  • Crossvane CM                      ministers various              1871   (16)
  • Cross Vane CM              Erected in 1837, building also used for a day school       Morgan Morgan, Crofta, Llantrisaint     1851   (19)
  • Babell Groesfaen English CM chapel      Main Road, , Groesfaen, Rhondda Cynon Taf CF72 8NQ - still open in 2006

Horeb Welsh Calvinistic Methodist chapel (Apostolic; Cymmer Christian Centre), High St, Cymmer

  • Horeb Welsh Calvinistic Methodist chapel (Apostolic; Cymmer Christian Centre), High St, Cymmer    ST02449081   Still in use in 1998      (1)

Ebenezer CM chapel, Dinas

  • There is a CM chapel in Dinas   1910  (11)
  • Ebenezer CM chapel, Dinas                  ST00659184          Demolished by 1995           (1)
  • 1843, November 2; Protestant; (endorsed; Calvanistic Methodist); a chapel called Ebenezer situated at Dinas Cymmer; Richard THOMAS of Pencoed, parish of Coychurch, Minister of the Gospel   (3)
  • Ebenezer CM, Dinas                 Erected in 1829                  Thomas Thomas, Elder, Dinas Colliery, nr Pont y pridd    1851   (19)
  •  
  • See Welsh Chapels and Churches for a photograph
  • Erected in 1830 and pulled down ca 1955, this was the first chapel in Dinas. There was a house [Manse?] attached to the chapel and a graveyard. The graveyard was not recorded prior to demolition.   (Jill Muir  17)

English Primitive Methodist chapel, Dinas

  • English Primitive Methodist chapel, Dinas              ST00399190    (1)

Wesleyan chapel, Dinas

  • There is a Wesleyan chapel in Dinas               1910  (11)

Bethel Methodist chapel, Cambrian Ave, Hendre Forgan

  • Bethel Methodist chapel, Cambrian Ave, Hendre Forgan          SS98268823              (1)

Penuel (Bethlehem?) Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Chapel, High Street, Llantrisant

  • Penuel Calvinistic Methodist Chapel, High Street, Llantrisant        ST04858341          Built in 1773 or 1775, extended in 1829 and rebuilt 1836     (1)
  • 1895 - mentioned as seating 550       (9)
  • Welsh CM chapel, Llantrisant          550 sittings   1910  (11)
  • Burial/MIs index   (12)
  • Extant records  (13)
  • Llantrissant CM                 ministers various             1871   (16)
  • See Bap/Mar/Bur data on  FreeReg
  • Bethlehem CM, Lantrissant        Built in 1775, rebuilt in 1825          Richard Morgan      1851   (19)  [same place?]

Trinity Calvinistic Methodist Chapel (Presbyterian), High Street, Llantrisant

  • Trinity Calvinistic Methodist Chapel (Presbyterian), High Street, Llantrisant        ST04798331       Built in 1898  (1)
  • Trinity Presbyterian chapel, Llantrisant                 1910   (11)
  • Converted to a dwelling by 2007 (owner)

Primitive Methodist chapel, Llantrisant

  • Primitive Methodist chapel, Llantrisant                      1910  (11)

English Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Talbot Road, Llantrisant

  • English Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Talbot Road, Llantrisant        ST04828321       Built in 1881-2; had fallen into disuse before 2000 ; descriptive account by H J Thomas 1991. (1)
  • 1895 - mentioned; seating 300 (9)
  • Wesleyan English  chapel, Llantrisant    (Rhondda Circuit)             300 sittings        Rev Wm J Britton supt             1910  (11)

Bible Christians' Chapel/Salem United Methodist, Llantrisant

  • 1868 - in course of erection (6)
  • 1875 - Rev. John Smallridge, Minister (7)
  • 1880 - Rev. John Smallbridge, Minister  (8)
  • 1895 - named as Salem; seating 200    (9)
  • Salem, Talbot Road, Llantrisant              ST04468314             Built in 1873.         (1)
  • Salem United Methodist chapel, Llantrisant               200 sittings               Rev Simon Westcott supt   1910  (11)

Zoarbabel Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Swan Street, Llantrisant

  • Wesleyan (Welsh), Llantrissant                  ministers various               1871   (16)
  • Zoarbabel Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Swan Street, Llantrisant         ST04698351        Built in 1813     (1)
  • Zoarbabel Wesleyan Methodist, Swan St       Charles Tucker, Minister, 2, Wellington Terrace, Cardiff     1851   (19)
  • 1812 March 28; Wesleyan; a house in the occupation of William JENKINS; William DAVIES, Minister, Edward WILLIAMS, Thomas DAVIES, Thomas THOMAS, William JENKINS  (3)  

Ebenezer CM (Presbyterian), Hensol Rd, New Mill / Miskin  

  • Ebenezer Calvinistic Methodist chapel, New Mill/Miskin                 150 sittings       1910  (11)
  • Ebenezer CM chapel (Presbyterian), Hensol Rd, Miskin    ST04618078      Built in 1860, not still in use in 1998  (1)
  • New Mill CM                  ministers various                1871  (16)
  •  
  • "The 1841 tithe map and schedules shows Miskin to be a hamlet .... beside the Ely River. It consisted of New Mill farmhouse, a cottage and barn, and a cottage and smithy, all of which belonged to New Mill Farm............... The census of 1841 shows a total population of 31 in five households, including a farmer, miller, shopkeeper, dressmaker shoemaker and labourer. We also establish that the hamlet was known as 'New Mill' "  
     Rhondda Cynon Taf Libraries Heritage Trail site

Hope English Presbyterian church, Pontyclun

  • Book index entry;-  "Cast of production, Pontyclun Hope Presbyterian Church, 1927"     (15)
  • Hope - Penuel Pontyclun English CM chapel    Cerdin Avenue, Pontyclun, Rhondda Cynon Taf CF72 9EN - still open in 2006

Wesleyan Methodist chapel, Llantrisant Rd, Palawyf Ave, Pontyclun

  • Wesleyan Methodist chapel, Llantrisant Rd, Palawyf Ave, Pontyclun       ST03528126     Built in 1898, still in use in 2000             (1)

Mount Tabor Presbyterian/Primitive Methodist, Vaughan St, Pwllgwaun

  • Pwllgwaun Primitive Methodist  (Mount Tabor), Vaughan St, Pwllgwaun        ST06639027   Built in 1877       (1)
  • Tabor Hall - where Cor Meibion Pontypridd now meet

St David's CM chapel (Mission Room;School Room), Pwllgwaun

  • St David's CM chapel (Mission Room;School Room), Pwllgwaun           ST06439018      Not in use by 1995     (1)

Primitive Methodist chapel, Francis St, Thomastown

  • Primitive Methodist chapel, Francis St, Thomastown             ST00828689                      (1)

Capel-y-ton Welsh CM, High St/Waunrhydd Rd, Tonyrefail

  • Capel-Y-Ton Welsh CM chapel, High St/Waunrhydd Rd, Tonyrefail    ST01058820        Built in 1788, modified, altered or rebuilt in 1836, 1863 and in 1905          (1)
  • There is a CM chapel in Tonyrefail            ? Rev Richard Morgan (Methodist)      1910  (11)
  • MIs index  (12)
  • Extant records   (13)
  • Tonyrefail CM            ministers various               1871  (16)
  • Tonyrevil Welch CM            Erected c 1793        Evan Thomas, Superintendant and Deacon                 1851   (19)

Primitive Methodist chapel, Tonyrefail

  •  Primitive Methodist chapel, Tonyrefail       ST00928790       Built in 1893               (1)

Zion Wesleyan Methodist chapel (Bible Christian), Penrhiwfer Rd, Tonyrefail

  •  Zion Wesleyan Methodist chapel (Bible Christian), Penrhiwfer Rd, Tonyrefail         ST00758837       Used as a vestry in 1997          (1)

United Methodist chapel, Tonyrefail

  • There is a United Methodist chapel in Tonyrefail      1910   (11)

Bethlehem CM chapel (Capel Pantywyll), Williamstown

  •  Bethlehem CM chapel (Capel Pantywyll), Williamstown         SO04390683         Built in 1841, demolished pre 1998              (1)

Nazareth CM, Brook St, Williamstown

  • Nazareth CM chapel, Brook St, Williamstown      ST00029100         Not still in use by 1998             (1)

Sion Welsh Wesleyan Methodist chapel, Hendre-Gwilym, Brook St, Williamstown

  • Sion Welsh Wesleyan Methodist chapel, Hendre-Gwilym, Brook St, Williamstown     SS99999107           Built in 1878, closed in 1967      (1)
  • Extant records for Wesleyan chapel, Williamstown (13)

English Wesleyan Methodist chapel, Brook St, Williamstown

  • English Wesleyan Methodist chapel, Brook St, Williamstown      ST00139094        Built in 1894, not still in use by 1998              (1)

Sundry CM Methodist references

  • 1813 June 22; Protestant (endorsed; Presbyterian; the dwelling house of Robert WILLIAM of Trevyrhg ishaf, labourer; the said Robert WILLIAM, Morgan JONES, Robert THOMAS, William THOMAS, Thomas ROWLAND  (3)
  • 1815 January 9; Calvanist; a building called Ty-Canol; Evan WILLIAM, labourer, Shadrach DAVIES   (3)

 

Other (inc un-identified)

All Hallows Roman Catholic Church, Llantrisant

  • St Dyfrig's Church has its own web site which includes information on All Hallows's registers

Quakers

Old Quaker chapel and burial ground in Llantrisant  on The Rhondda Cynon Taf Photographic Archive site

Apostolic Church, Mill St, Tonyrefail

  • Apostolic Church, Mill St, Tonyrefail                ST00858771           (1)
  • On  rhondda churches is a link to  the site of Bethel Pentecostal church, Tonyrefail

Zion chapel, Beddau  

Salem, Tonyrefail

  • Salem, Tonyrefail          ST0188                 Denomination not given               Built in 1905        (1)

St Ann's chapel (Capel Tal-y-garn), Talygarn

  • St Ann's chapel (Capel Tal-y-garn), Talygarn        ST02678014       Denomination not given        (1)

Soar Chapel, Pen-Y-Gaws, Llantrisant

  • Soar Chapel, Pen-Y-Gaws, Llantrisant                ST04998292              Denomination not given     (1)

Tonyrefail, Tonyrefail

  • Tonyrefail, Tonyrefail        ST0188   Denomination not given      Built in 1867, modified, altered or rebuilt in 1878 and 1895               (1)

Williamstown Salvation Army Church

Protestant

  • 1801 January 16; Protestant; the dwelling house of Thomas LEWELLIN; the said Thomas LEWELLIN, Thomas DAVIES, William DAVIES   (3)

Whitfield

  • 1803, May 30; the persuasion of Whitfield; a house late in the possession of Edward WILLIAMS of Istrad BARWICK (?) ; William LEWIS, John WILLIAMS, Richard WILLIAMS, Thomas HARRIES, David EVAN, Evan WILLIAM, William MORGAN, Evan JAMES, John EVANS   (3)

Protestant

  • 1812 December 16; Protestant; the dweling house of Catherine Evan, widow, called Caerlan; the said Catherine EVAN, Morgan JONES, Robert THOMAS, William THOMAS, Howel HOPKIN   (3)

 

[Last Updated : 5 Dec 2011  -  Gareth Hicks]

InfoFind help, report problems, and contribute information.

Copyright GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional


Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.