"TALYGARN, a chapelry in Llantrisaint parish, Glamorgan, near Llantrisaint r. station. Post town, Cowbridge. The statistics are returned with the parish. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £47. Patron, Jesus College, Oxford." [From John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72) on Vision of Britain]
"TALYGARN is 2 miles south-west and 1 south-west from Llantrisant station. The church of St. Ann, at Talygarn, erected in 1890, by George Thomas Clark esq. of Talygarn House, at a cost of £5000, is a building of stone, ... and stained east window are memorials to Ann Price Clark, who died in 1885: the church affords 90 sittings. The register dates from the year 1900. The living is a perpetual curacy, net yearly value £54, in the gift of the Bishop of Llandaff and the Board of Patronage, ..." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
The Parish of Talygarn was formed in 1924 from Llantrisant
The church is dedicated to St. Anne, and is in the Benefice of Pontyclun with Talygarn. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST026801.
Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff
Conservation areas within the Vale of Glamorgan. See Talygarn - "Conservation areas are areas of special architectural or historic interest, the character or appearance of which it is desirable to preserve or enhance"
You can see pictures of Talygarn in the Parish of Llantrisant which are provided by: