"TON-YR-EFAIL, a place in the E of Glamorgan; 6 miles from Pontypridd." [From John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72) on Vision of Britain]
"TONYREFAIL is a village 4 miles north from Llantrisant, with a station on the Llantrisant and Penygraig section of the Great Western railway. It is an ecclesiastical parish formed in 1912 from Llantrisant civil parish, and comprises Tonyrefail, Coedely, Gilfach Goch and Thomas Town, and is in the Pontypridd division of the county of Glamorgan, hundred of Miskin, petty sessional division of Lower Miskin, union and county court district of Pontypridd, and rural deanery, archdeaconry and diocese of Llandaff. The church of St. David's, erected in 1902 at a cost of £3,500, is a building of stone in the Gothic style,...an organ was installed in 1909; there are 400 sittings. The register dates from the year 1912. The living is a vicarage, net yearly value £340 in the gift of the Bishop of Llandaff and the Board of Patronage, ... There are English and Welsh Baptist, United Methodist, Calvinistic Methodist and Congregational chapels. In this district is the Llantrisant cemetery. " [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
Collection of deeds for property in Tonyrefail "The deeds relate to the ownership and tenancy of a shop on Mill Road, Tonyrefail, lying within the Collenna Estate"
Collenna Estate papers "Building leases of land in Tonyrefail, 1859-1883; deeds and documents relating to minerals at Gilfach-goch in the parish of Ystradyfodwg, 1853-1875; deeds relating to trusteeship of estates on behalf of William Jones of Craigavon and Painswick, Gloucestershire, 1851-1869."