[Llantrithyd] 1786 June 7 Independant; the dwelling house of Edward MORRIS called Horse land, William LEWIS, Thomas JONES, , Evan JONES, Thomas JOHN, Richard THOMAS, Edmund DAVID, Richard WILLIAM, David WILLIAM, David WILLIAMS, Jenkin JEREMIAH, William JEREMIAH, John GRIFFITH, Evan DAVID, Morgan DAVID, William THOMAS, Jenkin JEREMIAH Junior
[Llantrithyd] 1814 May 2; Calvanist; a building called Garn, Thomas JENKINS, farmer, Shadrach DAVIES, Thomas THOMAS,
The church is dedicated to St. Illtyd, and is in the Benefice of Llancarfan with Llantrithyd. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST044728.
People wishing to visit Llanrtithyd Church (St Illtyd's) can call 01446 781381 for access.
Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff
Llantrithyd Ecclesiastical Parish records " ......... including registers of baptisms, 1597-1979; marriages, 1571-1970; burials, 1571-1978; memoranda of baptisms, marriages and burials of members of the Aubrey family, 1641-1808; licences, 1820; churchwardens papers, 1896-1897, parochical church council records, 1957; civil and miscellaneous records"
The following Religious Institutions are covered in the Mormon International Genealogical Index (IGI) :-
Llantrithyd, St. Illtyd - Christenings (BT's), 1597-1874, Marriages, 1571-1752
Llantrithyd  - Castell-y-dryw, Coed Arthur, Coed Hills, Cross, Garn, Llantrithyd Ho, Llantrithyd Park, Llantrithyd Place, Llantrithyd, Pant-y-ffynnon, Pentre, Tre-Aubrey, Ty canol, Ty-draw
Descriptions of the parish from A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1833) by Samuel Lewis. A Topographical Dictionary of The Dominion of Wales by Nicholas Carlisle, London, 1811
Conservation areas within the Vale of Glamorgan. See Llantrithyd - "Conservation areas are areas of special architectural or historic interest, the character or appearance of which it is desirable to preserve or enhance"
You can see pictures of Llantrithyd which are provided by:
Aubrey family of Llantrithyd papers 1650-1937 "The Aubrey family inherited lands in Llantrithyd (Glamorgan) when Sir Thomas Aubrey, second son of Dr William Aubrey married Mary, daughter and co-heiress of Anthony Mansel of Llantrithyd in 1586. Sir Thomas's second son, Sir John Aubrey, a strong Royalist was created baronet in 1660. Sir John's heir was Sir John Aubrey (d 1700), 2nd Bart., of Llantrithyd who married secondly, Mary, second daughter and following the death of her brother, Edward in 1674, co-heiress of William Lewis of the Van, Glamorgan, Boarstal and Brill, Buckinghamshire. Mary died childless and settled considerable maternal estates away from her paternal uncle, Lewis of Van, and upon the Aubreys of Llantrithyd................................"
Morgan family of Llantrithyd and St Mary Church papers "Papers of John and Thomas Morgan, of Cross Farm, Llantrithyd and Pen-yr-heol Farm, St Mary Church, 1858-1939;........................."