"TREFOREST, a hamlet in Llantwit-Vairdre parish, Glamorgan; on the Taff Vale railway, 11¾ miles NNW of Cardiff. It has a post-office under Pontypridd, and a r. station; and extensive tin-plate works are adjacent. Pop., 921." [From John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72) on Vision of Britain]
Metal Alloys (South Wales) Ltd records 1939-1970 "The Treforest Industrial Estate was granted Special Area status in the 1930s as part of the government's response to high levels of unemployment in the south Wales coalfield. In the late 1930s, a large number of Jewish entrepreneurs and tradesmen fleeing persecution in Germany and Central Europe re-located to Treforest. One such firm was Metal Alloys (South Wales) Ltd, founded by two Czech Jews, Dr Roth and E. Lux,............................."