The Glamorgan Family History Society have produced a set of microfiche containing Monumental Inscriptions for the following burial grounds :-
- Parish Church of St. Illtyd
- Bethel Baptist Church
- Ebenezer Congregational Church
- Tabernacle Calvinistic Methodist Church
- Llantwit Major Borough Cemtery
Places, villages, farms etc within Llantwit Major parish as shown on the online parish map from the CD of Historic Parishes of England and Wales: an Electronic Map of Boundaries before 1850 with a Gazetteer and Metadata [computer file]. (Kain, R.J.P., Oliver, R.R.). (Extracted by Glenys Travis)
- Llantwit Major  - Batslays, Bedford Castle AM, Boverton Bk, Boverton Fm, Boverton, Bryn-sych, Caermead, Camp AM, CAMP, Castle Ditches AM, Claypoolway, Coastguard Sta, Col-hugh Point, Col-hugh River, Crosslands, Dimlands, Downs, Fishersbridge, Flanders, Floodgate, Froglands, Great Frampton, Great Ho (at Llantwit Major), Great Ho (at Sigingstone), Ham Ho, Leechmoor, Little Frampton, Llantwit Major, Monastery AM, Moorlands, Od Nant, Old Windmill (NE of Llantwit Major), Old Windmill (S of Llantwit Major), Old Windmill at West End, Pigeon Point, Purlon, Pwll-helyg, Rectory (at Sigingstone), Rectory (near Llanmaes), Sheeplays, Sixwells, St Athan Sta, Stout Bay, Stout Point, Summer Ho, Summerhouse Point, Tresilian Bay, Tresilian, Villa (site of), West end Town, West Orchard Castle (remains of) AM, Wilton.
Descriptions of the parish from
A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1833) by Samuel Lewis.
A Topographical Dictionary of The Dominion of Wales by Nicholas Carlisle, London, 1811.
Llantwit Major - on Wikipedia
Conservation areas within the Vale of Glamorgan. See Llantwit Major & Boverton - "Conservation areas are areas of special architectural or historic interest, the character or appearance of which it is desirable to preserve or enhance"
You can see pictures of Llantwit Major which are provided by:
Some of the hamlets, towns and villages within this parish
- West End Town
You can see the
administrative areas in which Llantwit Major has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
This diagram shows the position of this parish within the county of Glamorgan - click on this to see a full size diagram of the county
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SS967687 (Lat/Lon: 51.407885, -3.486589), Llantwit Major which are provided by: