"LLAN WYNO, in the Cwmwd of Meisgyn, Cantref of Penythen (now called the Hundred of Miskin), County of GLAMORGAN, South Wales: a Curacy, not in charge, to the Vicarage of Llan Trisaint: Patron, The Vicar of Llan Trisaint: Church dedicated to St. Gwyno. The Resident Population of this Parish, in 1801, was 426. The Money raised by the Parish Rates, in 1803, was £362..9..9, at 9s. 6d. in the pound. It is 7 1/2 m. N. from LLan Trisaint. This Parish contains about 2000 acres of cultivated Land, and about 2000 acres which are uncultivated. According to the Diocesan Report, in 1809, the yearly value of this Benefice, arising from Stipend, and Augmentation, was £18." (From: A Topographical Dictionary of The Dominion of Wales by Nicholas Carlisle, London, 1811)
Thomas, Rev W. Glanffrwd's History of Llanwonno, 1843-90(Hanes Plwyf Llanwonno); published in 1888 in serial form in the 'Darian' (Aberdare) & translated by Thomas Evans in 1950; published by Merthyr Express. 210 pp. Indexed by Glenys Travis (with chapter headings)
The church is dedicated to St. Gwynno, is in the Benefice of Llanwynno, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST030956.
Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff
(Slaters Directory); PONTYPRIDD with the parishes and villages of Llantwit Vardre, Llanvabon,
Llanwonno, Britannia, Graig-Berthllwyd, Cymmer, Dinas, Eirw, Garth,
Gyfeillon, Glyn-Taff, Hafod, Hopkinstown, Nantgarw, Navigation, Nelson,
Pont-Shon-Norton, Porth, Quaker's Yard, Rhydyfelin, Trebanog, Trehafod,
Treforest, Tymawr and Upper Boat
Extract From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks
"WATTSTOWN is a township forming part of the Urban District of Rhondda, 1½ miles south from Tylor's Town. St. Thomas's Mission church here, attached to St. Ann's church at Ynyshir, is an iron structure; the Rev. Pierce Price B.A. is curate. There are Welsh Baptist and Independent chapels. The United National Collieries are here."