"Hopkinstown, 2 miles from Pontypridd, Glamorgan; P.O." [From John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles 1887 on Vision of Britain]
"HOPKINSTOWN, 2 miles distant, is a village, and has a post and money order office, and also Calvinistio Methodist, Wesleyan and Baptist chapels." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
Llanddewi Rhondda was formed in 1914 from the Parish of Llanwonno, and the church erected in 1851
The church is dedicated to St. David, is in the Benefice of Pwllgwaun with Llanddewi Rhondda, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST057907.
Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff