The church is dedicated to St. Paul, is in the Benefice of Porth St. Paul with Trealaw, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST026916.
Anglican Parish Registers
No Registers have been deposited yet
Non Conformist Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff
Cymmer Colliery "Pay ticket 1911; Circulars c.1937"
"Cymmer Colliery is situated in Porth in the Lower Rhondda Valley. The mineral rights for the colliery was leased by George Insole and his son, James in September 1844. The same year they opened the South Cymmer Level to the No. 2 Rhondda Seam. This was followed by a the No. 1 (Old Pit) shaft in 1847. During the 1850s, Insole sank two further pits on Cymmer land; these were the Upper Cymmer Pit (1851) and the New Cymmer Pit (1855). In 1856, the Cymmer Colliery was the site of one of the worst mining disasters in Wales when 114 miners were killed.
Insole and Son became a registered company in 1869. The Colliery remained an independant concern under the same family ownership until closure in 1940.
Source: Ray Lawrence, The South Wales Coalfield Directory, Vol. 2 (1998 edn), p. 181"
Rhondda County Intermediate/Grammar schools, Porth records " ......... comprising of admission registers, 1904-1915; sales account book, 1897-1915; scholarships and bursaries account book, 1899-1937; Rhondda County Boys school records, 1915-1958; Rhondda County Girls school records, 1915-1960; Porth County schools governors minutes, 1929-1951; Owen Vernon Jones, Porth County: The School and its Boys , (1991"