We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.

Tai-bach in the Parish of Margam

Bibliography
Church Records
Description and Travel
Directories
Occupations

Bibliography

An online index to the book A History of Taibach to 1872, by Rev. Richard Morgan has been provided by Carole Wilkes

Church Records

For full and up-to-date details of their holdings see the sites of Glamorgan Record Office and/or West Glamorgan Archives

The church is dedicated to St. Theodore, is in the Benefice of Port Talbot St. Theodore, and diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SS773891.

Anglican Parish Registers
Baptisms Marriages Burials Banns Bishops Transcripts
No Registers have been deposited yet

  West Glam.Archives at Swansea have the registers for Holy Cross Chapel of Ease Taibach."

Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;

  • Port Talbot St Theodore Ecclesiastical Parish Records               "Dedicated to St Theodore. Built in the parish of Margam in 1901 by Emily Charlotte Talbot in memory of her brother Theodore Mansel Talbot and her sister Olivia Talbot"
    "PCC report 2000; Churchwardens' statements of accounts 1998-2000; orders of service 1997-2001; parish magazines 1996-2001."

 

   Non Conformist Registers Deposited

 

Chapel Baptisms Marriages Burials OS Map Ref

Deposited/
Copies

Dyffryn,
Calvinistic Methodist
1815-1837 - - SS 77228897

PRO/
WGAS

Gibeon,
Congregational
1822-1837 - - SS 77568892

PRO

Dyffryn Ajalon CM

 

    1972-1989

 

 

      WGAS

PRO - Public Record Office, London
WGAS - West Glamorgan Archive Service

The following Religious Institutions are covered in the Mormon International Genealogical Index (IGI) :-

  • Taibach, St. Theodore ?? - Christenings (BT's), 1850-1875
  • Taibach St. Mary - Christenings 1822-1837

Extract from Taibach Wesleyan Methodist Chapel baptism register 1886-7 - on the People's Collection Wales the Jewels site

Description and Travel

Taibach - on Wikipedia

Directories

Transcript of name listing for Margam with Taibach, from Post Office Directory for 1871

Occupations

Oakwood colliery, Taibach on the Welsh Coal Mines site

The 1890 Morfa Colliery Disaster - on Daniel Morgan's site;       and on the Welsh Coal Mines site

 

Tai-bach in the Parish of Margam [Last Updated : 24 March 2010 - Gareth Hicks]