For full and up-to-date details of their holdings see the sites of Glamorgan Record Office and/or West Glamorgan Archives
The church is dedicated to St. Peter, is in the Benefice of Abercanaid, and diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website.
|Anglican Parish Registers
|No Registers have been deposited yet
Abercanaid on Alan George's site
Abercanaid - on Wikipedia
Historic Landscape Characterisation - Abercanaid and Llwyn-yr-Eos "An important surviving example of a 19th century settlement associated with the Graig and Gethin Pits, initially developed by 1850 and substantially extended during the following quarter century............................"
And Upper Abercanaid
Old Abercanaid Pit, 1896 on the People's Collection Wales site (use search box)
Abercanaid Colliery on the Welsh Coal Mines site
Gethin Colliery, Abercanaid on the Welsh Coal Mines site
- "Abercanaid & Pentre-bach. These places are populous districts on both sides of the river Taff near Merthyr. They are connected with the extensive works at Pentre-bach, where National schools have been established many years ago. Here again the Dissenters are obliged to submit to Church Catechism, and Church attendance. There is no public school on unsectarian principles, at Abercanaid, Pentre bach, or Troedyrhiw, in this neighbourhood although they have Dissenting Chapels numerous."
From The Journal of William Roberts ('Nefydd'), 1853-62 by E D Jones, National Library of Wales journal Vol IX/1 Summer 1955.
Abercanaid in the Parish of Merthyr Tydfil [Last Updated :13 June 2007 - Gareth Hicks]