We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Aberfan in the Parish of Merthyr Tydfil
References to the village of Aberfan at
Aberfan on Alan George's site
Aberfan photographs on the FreeFoto site
Aberfan 1966 - part of the Coalfield Web Materials site
Aberfan War Memorial - on the Roll of Honour site
The Aberfan Disaster - on People's Collection Wales .......... and on Wikipedia
Aberfan - on BBC Wales 'On this Day'
"21 October 1966: Aberfan - a generation wiped out; It took just five minutes for the coal tip above Aberfan to slide down the mountain and engulf a farm, several houses and a school"
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- Aberfan Disaster Inquiry, Chief Surveyor's papers 1950-1967
- Aberfan Photographs collection comprising of a volume of 99 photographs depicting engineering work on the remainder of the coal tips
- Aberfan Disaster Fund, Aberfan, Glamorgan
- 1966-80: papers
[National Library of Wales, Department of Manuscripts and Records]
- 1967-1973: disaster fund management committee and sub-committee minutes
[Glamorgan Record Office - Reference : Acc 1996/60]
- Public Inquiry into the Aberfan Tip Disaster
1966-69: proceedings, correspondents, tribunal proceedings etc
[National Library of Wales, Department of Manuscripts and Records - Reference: Aberfan]
Aberfan in the Parish of Merthyr Tydfil [Last Updated : 6 March 2010 - Gareth Hicks]