"Merthyr-Vale, sta. on Taff Vale Ry., Glamorgan, 4 miles SE. of Merthyr-Tydfil; P.O." [From John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles 1887 on Vision of Britain]
"At Merthyr Vale is one of the largest collieries in South Wales, belonging to Nixon's Navigation Company Ltd.; the output is upwards of 16,000 tons per week. "[From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
The church is dedicated to St. Mary & The Holy Innocents, is in the Benefice of Troedyrhiw with Merthyr Vale, and diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website.
Anglican Parish Registers
No Registers have been deposited yet
Non Conformist Registers Deposited
OS Map Ref
GRO - Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff NLW - National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth WGRO - West Glamorgan Record Office, Swansea