We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Treharris, St. Matthias
For full and up-to-date details of their holdings see the sites of Glamorgan Record Office and/or West Glamorgan Archives
The church is dedicated to St. Matthias, is in the Benefice of Treharris with Bedlinog, and diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website.
|Anglican Parish Registers Held at The Glamorgan Record Office
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- Treharris Ecclesiastical parish records " ......... including registers of baptisms, 1896-1944; marriages, 1863-1971; burials, 1907-1951; services, 1899-1986; banns, 1912-1974; churchwardens records, 1907-1931; church executive committee minutes, 1908-1911; church affairs, 1910-1914"
"Treharris is a modern parish within the rural deanery of Merthyr Tydfil in the diocese of Llandaff. It was created in 1900 from Merthyr Tydfil and Gelligaer parishes and is situated approximately 7.5 miles south-east of Merthyr Tydfil and 6 miles north of Pontypridd. The parish church is dedicated to St. Matthias and was erected in 1896, There was also a chapel of ease, dedicated to St. Mary, which was situated at Trelewis"
Treharris, St. Matthias [Last Updated : 13 June 2007 - Gareth Hicks]