See Welsh Chapels and Churches for a photograph of Aberkenfig, St John Parish Church
Transcript of name listing for Bridgend and district, from Slaters Directory for 1880.
Park Slip Colliery, Aberkenfig on the Welsh Coal Mines site
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- National Coal Board. Park Slip Colliery 1893-[c. 1950] "The Park Slip Colliery was owned by the Ogmore Coal and Iron Co. and situated at Aberkenfig, near Bridgend, Glamorgan. This drift mine began producing coal around 1864. During 1889, it was taken over by North's Navigation Co. In the early 1890s, a workforce of less than 200 men and boys was producing approximately 300 tons of coal a day from two faces working the Cribbwr seam. On 26th August 1892, 112 miners lost their lives in a major accident, commemorated by a monument at the site and 112 trees planted to the west of Fountain Pond. ........................................"
Aberkenfig in the Parish of Newcastle [Last Updated : 7 Nov 2011 - Gareth Hicks]