"TONDU is a populous hamlet, 3 miles north from Bridgend, with a station on the Llynvi and Ogmore branch of the Great Western railway; it is also the junction of the Porthcawl and Ogmore branches of the same line. Gas is supplied by North's Navigation Collieries Limited, and water by the Tondu and Aberkenfig Water Supply of the Rural District Council. There are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels. The extensive coal and coke works here: of North's Navigation Collieries (1889) Limited, and the engineering works of the Great Western Railway Co. employ a large number of hands." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
Chapel of Ease to Newcastle, formed into a parish in 1923.
The church is dedicated to St. John, is in the Benefice of Penyfai with Tondu, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website.
Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff