Here also is a database with grid co-ordinates of 10,000 place names from the 1891/1901 censuses
for certain parishes in PEM,CMN & GLA(Gower)
Some parishes may be noted as being extra-parochial - " An extra-parochial area was land uninhabited in Anglo-Saxon times and outside the jurisdiction of any civil or
ecclesiastical parish. No poor or church rates were paid, though tithes in theory went to the Crown.
A resident could choose the nearest convenient parish for baptisms, etc."
(Ref: The Parish Registers of Herefordshire, J Harnden, 1987, ISBN 0 9512347 0 6).