Some parishes may be noted as being extra-parochial - " An extra-parochial area was land uninhabited in
Anglo-Saxon times and outside the jurisdiction of any civil
or ecclesiastical parish.
No poor or church rates were paid, though tithes in theory
went to the Crown. A resident could choose the nearest
convenient parish for baptisms, etc." (Ref: The Parish Registers of Herefordshire, J Harnden,
1987, ISBN 0 9512347 0 6).
Here is a database
with grid co-ordinates of 10,000 place names from the 1891/1901 censuses
for certain parishes in PEM,CMN & GLA(Gower)