The Glamorgan Family History Society have produced a set of microfiche containing Monumental Inscriptions for the following burial grounds :-
- Capel-y-Pil Calvinistic Methodist
Transcript of Pyle, with Sker, Kenfig, Cornelly, Kenfig Hill, and neighbourhoods, from Slaters Directory for 1880.
Kenfig through the ages - "In medieval times Kenfig was awarded the status of a Borough. The Kenfig Borough or Old Bro Cynffig included old Kenfig, modern Kenfig, Maudlam (Mawdlam), much of North Cornelly, Marlas, Pyle and some of Kenfig Hill ........."
Winding House remains, Bryndu Colliery (near Pyle) on the Welsh Coal Mines site
The Population of Pyle was as follows, and a more detailed breakdown is available.
|1841 - 803
||1851 - 991
||1861 - 1,192
||1871 - 883
||1881 - 938
||1891 - 884
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- Pyle Civil Parish records "...... comprising parish council minutes books, 1894-1969; parish council/community council minutes book, 1969-1977; annual parish meeting minutes book, 1929-1973; financial statements, 1939-1950; register of mortgages, 1923; burial records, 1923-1978; copy of tithe plan, 1847, tithe apportionment, 1847; Pyle Community Council minutes books, 1977-1985; councillors declarations of acceptance of office, 1961-1983; general account receipts and payments books, 1974-1984; settlement certificate, 1766"
Pyle in the Parish of Pyle and Kenfig [Last Updated : 2 July 2007 - Gareth Hicks]