"REYNOLDSTON, a parish in the hundred of SWANSEA, county of GLAMORGAN, SOUTH WALES, 12 miles (W. by S.) from Swansea, containing 220 inhabitants.This place, which is situated in the peninsula of Gower, is supposed to derive its name from Reginald de Breos, who was lord of the manor, and is said to have been the founder of the church. The parish, which is of considerable extent, comprises some fine portions of arable and pasture land, which are enclosed and in a good state of cultivation, and a large tract of uncultivated and mountainous common, affording excellent pasturage for sheep, which are remarkable for the fineness of their wool, and the excellent quality of the mutton....................." A Topographical Dictionary of Wales by Samuel Lewis 1833
The church is dedicated to St. George, is in the Benefice of Port Eynon with Rhosili with Llanddewi with Knelston, and diocese of Swansea and Brecon. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SS479900.
Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff
1682-1684, 1686, 1690, 1700, 1707-1708, 1710, 1712-1713, 1716, 1727-1731, 1733-1736, 1738-1742, 1744-1747, 1749-1758, 1760-1776, 1778-1791, 1793-1800, 1802-1803, 1805-1873
(At the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth)
Lucas family of Reynoldston papers 1720-1936 "The Lucas family have been living on the Gower peninsula for at least 500 years. They have been traced back to one Jeffrey Lucas who lived probably in Reynoldston parish. The Lucas family have been well documented.............................. The Lucas family lived at Stouthall in the parish of Reynoldston"
Reynoldston, later Knelston, School, records "........ log books, 1874-1969."
".............was an elementary school in Renoldston, Gower, Glamorgan. It was later renamed Knelston School, with a new school building being built in 1969. ............."