GENUKI Home Page St Andrews Major St Andrews Major Contents Contents

St Andrews Major

Chapels database

This project is fully described on Glamorgan Chapels Database

This  St Andrews Major  database compiled by Gareth Hicks

If a chapel is already mentioned on the main parish page then its name will act as a link to that section for any data recorded there - such as extant records and OS Grid references

Some chapels may have more than one entry if it is not possible to correctly identify each from a particular source

(For an explanation of the various non-conformist denominations see Gareth's Help Page )

Sources referred to (indicated by number shown in brackets after the data entry) where there may be more data available

Sources;

Additional sources

 

Baptist

Baptist; the dwelling house of Evan Jenkin, Dinas Powys

  • [Dinas Powys]  1818, September 6; Baptist; the dwelling house of Evan Jenkin, yeoman, being part of the estate of Robert Jener, esq.; the said Evan Jenkin, David Evans, Minister, William Edward, Thomas Phillip     (2)

 

Congregationalist

No Congregationalist chapels found here

 

Methodist

Ebenezer Welsh CM chapel (Presbyterian Church), High Walls Rd, Dinas Powys

  • Ebenezer CM chapel (Presbyterian Church), High Walls Rd, Dinas Powys         ST15257139    Built in 1760, modified, altered or rebuilt in 1839 and 1896          (1)
  • There are Welsh Methodist and Wesleyan chapels and a small iron Wesleyan chapel at Eastbrook     1895  (3)   and   1910  (4)
  • Ebenezer CM           Built c 1760, rebuilt c 1839              Thomas John, Deacon   1851  (5)
  • 1814, May 30; Methodist; a meeting-house called Ebenezer Chapel; William Harry, farmer   (2)
  • 1841, January 25; Welsh Calvinistic Methodist; a newly erected chapel called Ebenezer, being the property of Edward Henry Lee, esq.; Lewis Morgan of the parish of St. Andrews, farmer    (2)
  • Ebenezer Dinas Powis English CM chapel   Highwalls Road, Dinas Powis, Dyffryn Morgannwg CF64 4AG - still open in 2006

Wesleyan chapel (Dinas Powys?)

  • There are Welsh Methodist and Wesleyan chapels and a small iron Wesleyan chapel at Eastbrook     1895  (3)   and  1910   (4)

Wesleyan chapel, Eastbrook

  • There are Welsh Methodist and Wesleyan chapels and a small iron Wesleyan chapel at Eastbrook     1895  (3)   and  1910   (4)
  • Eastbrook chapel on the Penarth Methodist Circuit site (site since disappeared)
    " .......appears in a beautiful book on "TIN TABERNACLES" .... describes the chapel as an "interesting little tin chapel". .... built when work was underway on the local railway line, at the bottom of the road. In 1887 the Wesleyan Methodists took over the chapel ..... "east of the brook "
  •  
  • Photograph on the Tin Tabernacles   site
  •  
  • Book index entry; "Eastbrook Methodist Mission Church"     Glimpses of old Dinas Powys

Methodist chapel, Murch Farm Manse/Station Rd, Dinas Powys

  •  Methodist chapel, Murch Farm Manse/Station Rd, Dinas Powys           A chapel listed as open on the upmystreet site

 

Other (or unidentified)

Bethesda chapel, Fairoaks, Dinas Powys

  • Bethesda chapel, Fairoaks, Dinas Powys            Denomination not given            A chapel listed as open on the upmystreet site
 

[Last Updated : 2 Nov 2007  -  Gareth Hicks]

InfoFind help, report problems, and contribute information.

Copyright GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional


Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.