"A village four miles west of Cardiff. A desperate engagement between the Royalist and Parliamentary forces took place in the neighbourhood in 1648. St Fagans Castle is a large Tudor residence built on the site of a medieval stronghold. The church exhibits some Decorated work." [Glamorganshire, 1911]
The church is dedicated to St. Mary, and is in the Benefice of Peterston-super-Ely with St. Fagans with Michaelston-super-Ely. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST122772.
A transcription of the registers is available from the Glamorgan Family History Society for the years: Baptisms, 1589-1882, Marriages, 1689-1837, Burials, 1689-1884.
Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff
Non Conformist Registers Held at the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth
Transcript of name listing for Llandaff, with the parishes and villages of Caerau, Ely, Fairwater, Radyr, Llanilltern, St. Fagan's, Michaelston-super-Ely, and St. Bride's-super-Ely from Slaters Directory for 1880.
Windsor-Clive family, Earls of Plymouth: St Fagans
1301-1844: deeds, manorial and estate papers, Brecon, Denbighs, Flints, Glamorgan, Merioneth, Mon, Cheshire, Salop, Berks, Dorset, Som, Wilts
[National Library of Wales, Department of Manuscripts and Records - Reference: NLW MS 3429]
18thcent-19th cent: deeds and estate papers
[Hereford and Worcester Record Office, County Hall, Spetchley Road, Worcester WR5 2NP - Reference: 705:128/705:263/705:54]
St Fagans Civil Parish records " ..... comprising copy of tithe plan and apportionment, 1840 [copied 1980]; assistant overseer's rate book, 1926; assistant overseer's receipt and payment book, 1906-1927; parish council minutes book, 1894-1967"