For full and up-to-date details of their holdings see the sites of Glamorgan Record Office and/or West Glamorgan Archives
This Swansea church is dedicated to St. Gabriel, is in the Benefice of Swansea St. Gabriel, and diocese of Swansea and Brecon. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SS638923.
|Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff
At the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- Swansea, St Gabriel Ecclesiastical Parish Records "Built 1889, as a replacement to St Michael's Iron Church, a chapel of ease to St Mary's which opened in 1886. Formerly included St Augustine's, built 1898, closed 1994 and later demolished."
"Registers (including service and banns registers) 1886-1994; licences 1898-1905; Churchwardens' accounts 1928-1941; papers relating to church property and buildings (including faculties) 1888-1949; photographs 1889-1955 and n.d.; PCC and Church Council minutes 1888-1987; Vestry minutes 1887-1985; parish magazines 1886-1972; miscellaneous 1890-1961
Brynmill in the Parish of Swansea [Last Updated : 23 July 2007 - Gareth Hicks]