"St. Luke's, CWMBWRLA, is an ecclesiastical parish, formed in May, 1911: the church, erected in 1890 a chapel of ease to St. Peters, Cockett, at a cost of £2900, is a building of stone in the Gothic style ... in the east side of the church is a stained glass window, which, together with a marble tablet, commemorates the men of the parish who fell in the Great War, 1914-18: there are 530 sittings. The register dates from the year 1890. The living is a vicarage, gross yearly value £200, in the gift of the Bishop of St. David's and the Board of Patronage. " [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
This Swansea church is dedicated to St. Luke, is in the Benefice of Swansea St. Luke (Cwmbwrla), and diocese of Swansea and Brecon. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SS649949.
Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff
St Luke (Cwmbwrla) ecclesiastical parish records "Originally a chapel of ease to St Peter, Cockett, formed into a parish in 1911."
"Registers (including service and banns registers) 1886-1989; licences 1890, 1910; electoral rolls 1939-c. 1980; PCC minutes 1914-1975; Churchwardens' accounts 1927-1980"
Non Conformist Registers Held at the Public Record Office, London