Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
St. Mark, Swansea
For full and up-to-date details of their holdings see the sites of Glamorgan Record Office and/or West Glamorgan Archives
See Welsh Chapels and Churches for a photograph of St Mark's Church, Waun Wen
This Swansea church is dedicated to St. Mark, is in the Benefice of Swansea St. Mark and St. John, and diocese of Swansea and Brecon. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SS654945.
|Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff
At the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- St Mark (Waunwen) ecclesiastical parish records "Originally a chapel of ease to St Mary's, became a parish in 1888. Currently joint with St John"
"Registers (including service and banns registers) 1887-1990; Churchwardens' accounts 1889-1960; PCC minutes 1910-1929; Vestry minutes 1888-1925; church organizations 1904-1916; papers relating to church building and property (including faculties) c. 1892-1984; miscellaneous 1891-1980"
St. Mark, Swansea [Last Updated : 8 Nov 2011 - Gareth Hicks]