"KENFIG. HILL is a hamlet, one mile north-east, partly in this parish and partly in Tythegston, and has a station on the branch of the Great Western railway, from Tondû to Porthcawl. A conventual district was formed in 1919 from the parish of Newcastle, and became a separate parish in 1923: the church is dedicated to St. Theodore and was originally erected as a chapel of ease to Newcastle. The Rev. John Francis L.Div. of St. David's College, Lampeter, who had been curate in charge since 1919, is the first vicar. There is a Congregational chapel, rebuilt in 1880, with 600 sittings; and two Calvinistic Methodist chapels, built in 1850 and 1909." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
The church is dedicated to St. Theodore, is in the Benefice of Kenfig Hill, and is in the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SS840829.
Anglican Parish Registers
No Registers have been deposited yet
Non Conformist Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff
OS Map Ref
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of Kenfig Hill which are provided by: