"DONATT'S (WELSH ST.), a parish in the hundred of COWBRIDGE, county of GLAMORGAN, SOUTH WALES, 2 miles (E. N. E.) from Cowbridge, containing 304 inhabitants. This place was formerly annexed to the parish of Llanblethian, from which it has been separated, and is now a parish of itself. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Llanblethian, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Llandaf. The church possesses no claim to architectural notice. Miss Leysons, about the year 1774, bequeathed a rentcharge of £5 for distribution among the poor of this parish. Caercady, the property of John Thomas Jones, Esq. R. N., is a genteel mansion, built by the late Colonel Jenkins, one of the auditors of the public accounts, from whom it came by marriage to its present proprietor. The average annual expenditure for the snpport of the poor is £ 127." ( A Topographical Dictionary of Wales by Samuel Lewis 1833)
The church is dedicated to St. Donat, and is in the Benefice of Pendoylan with Welsh St. Donats. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST028763.
Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff
Welsh St Donats  - Bryn-y-ddafad, Bwlch Gwyn, Cae pant, Caeready, Castell Coch AM, Cattwg-glas, Coed Mynydd Coch, Cwrt-Newydd, Efald-wen, Great Ho, Llwyn du, Maendy-newydd, Maes-hwyaid, Morfa Fawnog, Morfa Ystradowen, Mynydd y Glew, Nant Bytryn, Pen-ffordd-fawr, Pen-y-lan, Prisk, Pwll-y-daren, Pysgodlyn Mawr (Pendoylan), Tair Onen, Ty isaf, Warren Fm, Welsh St Donats, Wern-fach, Wern-fawr, Ysgubor goch.
You can see pictures of Welsh St Donats which are provided by:
Welsh St Donats Civil Parish records " ......... comprising tithe plan and apportionment, 1841; assistant overseers rate books, 1918-1926; assistant overseers receipt and payment book, 1911-1927; minutes book of parish meetings, 1904-1953; minutes book of parish council and community council meetings, 1953-1974; rate precepts book, 1947-1974; receipt and payment account book, 1923-1953; receipt and payment book, 1954-1974; correspondence, 1950"