"WENFOE, in the Cwmwd of Is Caeth, Cantref of Brenhinol (now called the Hundred of Dinas Powys), County of GLAMORGAN, South Wales: a Rectory valued in the King's Books at £13..7..1: Patron, Robert Jenner, Esq. : Church dedicated to St. Mary. The Resident Population of this Parish, in 1801, was 331. The Money raised by the Parish Rates, in l803, was £178..10..11, at 1s. 10d. in the pound. It is 5 m. S. W. from Caerdiff. This Parish contains about 2000 acres of Land; of which, about 200 acres are an uncultivated Common. Here is a very excellent Parsonage House, built by the late P. Birt, Esq.; and the Living is worth from 300 to £400 per annum. This is a neat and pleasant Village." From: A Topographical Dictionary of The Dominion of Wales by Nicholas Carlisle, London, 1811.
The church is dedicated to St. Mary, and is in the Benefice of Wenvoe and St. Lythans. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST122726.
A transcription of the registers is available from the Glamorgan Family History Society for the years: Baptisms, 1585-1891, Marriages, 1586-1837, Burials, 1587-1900.
Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff
Thomas family of Wenvoe Castle records "The Thomas family came to Wenvoe castle in 1560 when Jevan ap Harpway of Tresimont, Hertfordshire married Catherine, the only daughter and heiress of Thomas ap Thomas. During the years of the civil war, Edmond Thomas, a descendant of the Thomas family of Wenvoe can be found in the list of those nominated to the Upper House of Parliament as peers by Oliver Cromwell. During the 18th century Charles Nassau Thomas became vice chamberlain to the Prince of Wales (later King George IV) and later First Groom and Master of the Robes to the Regent. He also held other positions close to the Monarchy. These records relate to the period 1655-1855."