"YSTRAD DYFODWG, in the Cwmwd of Meisgyn, Cantref of Penythen (now called the Hundred of Miskin), County of GLAMORGAN, South Wales: a Perpetual Curacy, not in charge, annexed to the Vicarage of Llan Trisaint: Patron, The Vicar of Llan Trisaint: Church dedicated to St. Tyfodwg. The Resident Population of this Parish, in 1801, was 542. The Money raised by the Parish Rates, in 1803, was, £ 222..19..1 1/2. It is 9 m. N. N. W. from Llan Trisaint. According to the Diocesan Report, in 1809, the yearly value of this Benefice, arising from Stipend, and Augmentation, was £44. It is situate near the river Rhonddu Fawr. This is a very wild and romantic part of the County; and the Parish is twelve miles in circumference, the Church standing almost in the centre of it. See, Rhigos. "
From: A Topographical Dictionary of The Dominion of Wales by Nicholas Carlisle, London, 1811.