"Gilfach Coch, vil. with ry. sta. (Gilfach), 9 miles NE. of Bridgend, Glamorgan; P.O., T.O., 1 Bank." [From John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles 1887 on Vision of Britain]
"GILFACH GOCH is a village with a station on the Bridgend and Nantymeol branch of the Great Western railway, and was created a Conventional district in 1921. The church is dedicated to St. Barnabas and has 300 sittings. The living is a vicarage, net yearly value, £250, in the gift of the Bishop of Llandaff and the Board of Patronage, ..." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
The church is dedicated to St. Barnabas, is in the Benefice of Tonyrefail with Gilfach Goch with Llandyfodwg, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SS983899.
Anglican Parish Registers
No Registers have been deposited yet
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of Gilfach Goch which are provided by: