Included in the directory entry for Tylorstown - "The church of St. Mary Magdalen, PONTYGWAITH, was erected in 1896 at the cost of Mrs. Llewellyn, of Baglan Hall. The Rev. Reginald Edward King L.Div. of St. David's College, Lampeter, is curate in charge." [Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
The church is dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene, is in the Benefice of Tylorstown with Ynyshir, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST009941.