The church is dedicated to Holy Trinity, is in the Benefice of Tylorstown with Ynyshir, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST010957.
Tylorstown Ecclesiastical parish records "The parish of Tylorstown was formed in 1887 with Maerdy and Ferndale but these were separated in 1900 to form their own parishes. The main church of the Holy Trinity was erected in 1883 and its registers are recorded in 1920 as dating from 1887. The church of St. Mary Magdalene was erected at Pont-y-Gwaith in 1896."
".......... records including registers of marriages, 1906-1996"
Non Conformist Registers Deposited
OS Map Ref
Libanus, Calvinistic Methodist
GRO - Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff NLW - National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth
Tylorstown Lodge "...........was a branch of the National Union of Mineworkers (South Wales Area). The Lodge represented miners from the Tylorstown Colliery in the Rhondda Fach Valley. Each of the four Tylorstown pits had originally been sunk as part of Ferndale Colliery (Nos. 6 to 9) between 1892 and 1907. The colliery covered a large area and as a result, each pit developed their own identity. This resulted in the establishment of separate lodges for each pit although regular joint meetings were held for the whole Tylorstown district....................."
"Records ..... Minute books 1893-1965; Contribution registers 1927-1930; Price lists c.1925-1960; Compensation claims 1924-1929; Correspondence 1931-1965"
"And ........... Minute books 1958-1961; Lodge standing orders c.1960; Correspondence 1959-1961; Copy agreement between N.C.B and N.U.M.1960"
Hendrefadog Secondary school, Tylorstown records "......... Hendrefadog Senior boys and girls schools were established in Tylorstown in October 1929. Presumably, the name of the school was changed to Hendrefadog Secondary following the 1940 Education Act. The school was closed in 1973"
"... comprising of logbook, 1971-1973"