Open a form to report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
The Hundred of Caerphilly
The following parishes make up the hundred of Caerphilly :-
The hundred extends to the Western side of the County of Monmouthshire, thus including part of the parishes of Bedwas, Machen and Michaelston-y-Fedw
See here also for a Parish Sketch Map and the same map with the approximate position of the hundreds superimposed on it
In 1841, the population of the entire hundred of Caerphilly can be summarised as:
- Houses - 8,549 inhabited, 199 uninhabited, 131 being built
- Population - 24,712 male, 21,047 females (total of 45, 759)
- Under 20 years of age - 10,365 males, 9,776 females.
- 20 years and upwards - 14,347 males, 11,271 females.
- Born in Glamorgan - 13,968 males, 13,405 females (total of 27,373)
18,386 born elsewhere :-
- Elsewhere in England or Wales - 9,796 males, 7,151 females.
- Scotland - 68 males, 21 females.
- Ireland - 725 males, 403 females.
- British Colonies - 1 male, 1 female.
- Foreigners and British Subjects born in Foreign Parts - 45 males, 24 females.
- Not Specified - 109 males, 42 females.
The Hundred of Caerphilly [Last Updated : 19 Sept 2002 - Gareth Hicks]