Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
The Hundred of Newcastle
The following parishes make up the hundred of Newcastle :-
See here also for a Parish Sketch Map and the same map with the approximate position of the hundreds superimposed on it
In 1841, the population of the entire hundred of Newcastle can be summarised as:
- Houses - 3,037 inhabited, 151 uninhabited, 73 being built
- Population - 8,428 male, 7,779 females (total of 16, 207)
- Under 20 years of age - 3,917 males, 3,661 females.
- 20 years and upwards - 4,511 males, 4,118 females.
- Born in Glamorgan - 6,721 males, 6,629 females (total of 13350)
2,857 born elsewhere :-
- Elsewhere in England or Wales - 1,530 males, 1,035 females.
- Scotland - 13 males, 6 females.
- Ireland - 124 males, 70 females.
- Foreigners and British Subjects born in Foreign Parts - 12 males, 5 females.
- Not Specified - 28 males, 34 females.
The Hundred of Newcastle [Last Updated : 14 September 2004 - Gareth Hicks]