Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Parish statistics; Area 10000 acres; Population 406 males, 474 females, total 880
- Llanfachreth Parish Church Attendance - morning 45 + 22 scholars Service in Welsh "The Tithes of this Parish, the Annual Value of which is between 300 and 400 (?£) belong to the Patron and Proprietor, Sir R W Vaughan, Bart, out of which he pays his poor Curate the paltry sum above specified - a sum at which sum his scullery girl would turn up her nose......" George Phillips A.B, Perpetual Curate
- Rhydymair Chapel, Independents Erected before 1800 Attendance - morning 66 scholars, afternoon 149, evening 138 Robert Ellis, Minister, Brithdir
- Carmel Chapel, Calvinistic Methodists Erected 1834 Attendance - morning 60 scholars, afternoon 70, evening 75 Griffith Roberts, Elder, Tyn Twll
- Hendre House, Hendref, welsh Calvinistic Methodist Not a separate building - Not used exclusively as a place of worship Attendance - morning 25 scholars, afternoon 34 John Roberts, Elder, Hendre
- Siloh, Independents Erected 1839 Attendance - morning 23 scholars, afternoon 32, evening 35 Rice Rice, Member, Corsygarnedd
- Capel y Llan, Welsh Calvinistic Methodists Erected 1815 Attendance - morning 55, afternoon 92 scholars, evening 117 Hugh Pughe, Member, Grocer
- Abergeirws, Welsh Calvinistic Methodists Erected 1820 Attendance - morning 39, afternoon 29 scholars, evening 40 Silvanus Jones, Elder, Brynlliw
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- Llanfachreth parish papers ": Papers relating to Llanfachreth parish and St Machreth parish church, Merionethshire, 1881-1979, including administrative records, 1902-1975; papers relating to parochial matters, -1964; an Ecclesiastical Court presentment, 1897; forms of prayer and other items, 1914-1918, 1964; financial records, 1889-1974, including accounts, 1889-1922, 1974, bills and receipts, 1903-1922, papers relating to Church repairs, 1961-1974, and insurance records, 1904-1922; education records, 1901-1970, including papers relating to Llanfachreth School, 1901-1904, 1961-1970, and Cwm National School, 1903-1904; tithe records, 1881-1922; and miscellaneous letters, 1898-1979."
- Capel Hermon, Llanfachreth, cofysgrifau (records) "....... including two volumes, 1937-1961, recording the number of those present in the Sunday School classes, Hermon Chapel, Llanfachreth, details of their activities there and the collections' total; a number of 'teacher's books' kept by Sunday School teachers, 1959-1968, listing the names of children in individual classes with details of their attendance; together with an account book, 1912-1927, noting members' contributions to various collections, and a series of questionnaires, 1916-1929, containing details regarding the chapel and the members."
Rees, Thomas & John Thomas Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). The Rhydymain section (in Welsh) has been extracted - with translation by Maureen Saycell (April 2011) Also Llanfachreth chapel