Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
- In MER Area 3538 acres; Population 44 males, 40 females, total 84
- In DEN Area 664 acres; Population 193 males, 211 females, total 404
- Llanfihangel Glyn Myfyr Parish Church Attendance - morning 28, afternoon 13 "The attendance, owing to the very mountainous nature of this part of Wales, the paucity of Inhabitants, the distance from Church, the Prevelance of Dissent, varies according to the season of the year and the weather, ranging from 25 to 50" Services in Welsh William Lewis, Minister
- Gro Chapel, Calvinistic Methodist Erected c 1814 Attendance - morning 50, afternoon 115 scholars, evening 87 Robert Jones, Elder, Bryncras, Bettws, nr Corwen
- Llanfihangel Chapel, Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Erected 1816, rebuilt 1837 Attendance - morning 57, afternoon 79 scholars, evening 176 Hugh Thomas, Deacon, Pen y Bont, Llanfihangel