See Welsh Chapels and Churches for a photograph of Aberhafesp St Gwynog Church
Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Parish statistics; Area 4568 acres; Population 280 males, 279 females, total 559
- Aberhafesp Parish Church Attendance - morning 54 + 22 scholars, afternoon 12 + 23 scholars Services in English "The Church is situated at a distance from the bulk of the population...." R J Davies, Rector
- Rhydfellen Chapel, Baptist Erected before 1800 Attendance - morning 30 scholars, afternoon 90, evening 20 Jacob Nicholas, Paster, Baptist Minister, Caersws
- Bwlchyffrydd, Congregationalists Erected 1800, enlarged 1810, rebuilt 1848 Attendance - morning 120, afternoon 91 scholars, evening 190 John Owen, Minister, Crescent Place, Newtown
- Bethel, Independents Erected 1851 Attendance - morning 38, afternoon 27 scholars John Owen, Minister, Bwlchffrydd
Church of St Gwynnog, Aberhafesp on the Montgomeryshire Churches Survey site
Salon Exhibit of St Gwynnog's Church, Aberhafesp - on the E-Museum of Pyrographic Art site "These amazing panels--mounted in a screen that covers most of the west wall--were dedicated to the church in 1893 by E. B. Proctor, the main benefactor, who resided at Aberhafesp Hall and owned much of the surrounding land and buildings......."
Rees, Thomas & John Thomas Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). The Bwlchyffridd section (in Welsh) has been extracted - with translation by Maureen Saycell (Aug 2009)