We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Herbert, C A Blayney Deed; Conveyance of land in Bettws parish ...............1583 Collections historical & archaeological relating to Montgomeryshire Vol 33 1904 Welsh Journals Online
See John Ball's site Welsh Churches and Chapels Collection for a photograph/data re St Beuno's Church
Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Parish statistics; Area 5305 acres; Population 386 males, 367 females, total 753
- Bettws Parish Church Attendance - morning 100/200 +54 scholars, afternoon 25/40 + 50 scholars Services in Welsh R Dawkins, Vicar
- Wesleyan, Bettws Village Private house Attendance - average 30 William Davies, Class Leader
- Bettws Chapel, Calvinistic Methodist Erected 1822 Attendance - evening 74 + 35 scholars Richard Gittins, David Tibbot, Deacons
- New Well Chapel, Baptist Erected 1839 Attendance - morning 60 scholars, afternoon 135, evening 59 John Thomas, Minister
Church of St Beuno, Betws Cedewain on the Montgomeryshire Churches Survey site
Baptist churches on the Montgomeryshire Genealogical Society site - New Wells
Detailed information on deposited registers and transcripts for this parish is given on the Powys Archives page Montgomeryshire parish registers
As a guide only, the principal extant parochial church records for this parish span the dates shown below (as detailed in Parish Registers of Wales, NLW 2000) but exact current holdings should be confirmed with the individual Archives;
- Baptisms 1661-1956; Marriages 1662-1984; Burials 1662 -1983; Banns 1809-1993
Parish Registers, or copies, for all or part of these dates are held at the NLW, and/or Powys Archives.
Bishops Transcripts for various periods are held at the NLW, Denbigh Archives and/or Flintshire Archives
St Asaph Notitiae; Deanery of Cedewain, Betws Cedewain parish - on the NLW site
You can see pictures of Betws Cedewain which are provided by:
You can see the administrative areas
in which Betws Cedewain has been placed at times in the past.
Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO122968 (Lat/Lon: 52.561897, -3.296681), Betws Cedewain which are provided by:
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- Betws Cedewain Parish and Community Council Records 1894-1983