Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Parish statistics; Area 10982 acres; Population 456 males, 452 females, total 908
- Carno Parish Church Attendance - usual - morning 50 Services in Welsh Joseph Hughes, Curate
- Llwynhen Chapel, Wesleyan Methodists Erected 1820 Attendance - morning 36 + 6 scholars, afternoon school, evening 39 Evan Richards, Wesleyan Minister, Llanidloes
- Peniel Chapel, Llysin Township, Calvinistic Methodists Erected 1811, rebuilt 1842 Attendance - morning 64 scholars, afternoon 133, evening 91 "There are two small branches of Sunday school belonging to Peniel Chapel assembled in dwelling houses called Hen Shop containing about 30 and Carniog containing about 29 both in Parish of Carno, Township of Trawsgoed" Edward Owen, Deacon, Penybont
- Cwmllwyd Baptist Chapel Erected before 1820 Attendance - usual - morning 50, evening 15 Informant; John Thomas, Craigfryn
- Craigfryn Chapel, Independent Erected 1810 Attendance - usual - morning 40 scholars, afternoon 200, evening 50 Informant; John Thomas