Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Cemmes parish consisting of the townships of Brynuchel with Tafalog, and Gwernybwlch; statistics; Area 9247 acres; Population 426 males, 465 females, total 891
- Brynuchel with Tafolog Township; Population ; 143 males, 162 females
- Sammah, Independents Erected 1819 Attendance - morning 83 scholars, afternoon 171, evening 160 Hugh Morgans, Independent Minister
- Soar, Cemmes, Wesleyan Methodists Erected 1836 Attendance - morning 18, afternoon 9 scholars, evening 12 "There was a Society kept of the Wesleyan Methodists in this place since about 20 years before the erection of the chapel" Richard Meredith, Second Class Leader
- Gwernybwlch Township; Population 283 males, 303 females
- Cemmes Parish Church Attendance - morning 80 + 30 scholars, evening 70 + 25 scholars Morning service in English, evening in Welsh John Hughes, Rector
- Cemmes Chapel, Calvinistic Methodist Erected before 1800 Attendance - morning 103, afternoon 82 scholars, evening 235 William Jones, Deacon, Llwynhiraeth, Cemmes