We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.



Barford, P M. Iron spearhead and javelin from Four Crosses, Llandysilio, Powys. Medieval Archaeology 30 (1986), p. 103-6

Brown, Roger L. Patronage, fees and fixtures : some notes on the history of the parish of Llandysilio. Montgomeryshire Collections 85 (1997), p. 101-4

Owen, Glyn. Pit alignments at Four Crosses, Llandysilio, Powys. Montgomeryshire Collections (Transactions of the Powys-land Club) 77 (1989), p. 27-40 Parish of Llandysilio : memorial inscriptions. [S.l.] : Montgomeryshire Genealogical Society, 1997. 75p

Pryce, Thomas. History of the parish of Llandysilio. Oswestry : Printed by Woodall, Minshall, Thomas and Co., 1899-1902. 244p. Reprinted from the Montgomeryshire Collections, 1899-1902.   

Pryce, Thomas. History of the parish of Llandysilio.    Collections historical & archaeological relating to Montgomeryshire and its borders Pt 3   Vol 32  1902   Welsh Journals Online & Pt 4    Vol 32  1902   Welsh Journals Online

Warrilow, Walt. Eight ring-ditches at Four Crosses, Llandysilio, Powys, 1981-85. Proceedings of the Prehistoric Society 52 (1986), p. 53-87

Church History

Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP,   1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.

Parish statistics; Area 3141 acres; Population 271 males, 286 females, total 557

  • Llandisilio Parish Church              Erected 1666               Attendance - usual - morning 150 + 30 scholars, afternoon 40 +30 scholars      Services in English        Informant; Maurice Jones
  • Domgay Chapel, Co Montgomery, Congregationalist              Attendance - morning 40 scholars, afternoon 70 + 20 scholars, evening 150 + 30 scholars          "At present without a Pastor depending upon Supplies"                    David Jones, Deacon, Llandrinio, Oswestry

Church of St Tyslio, Llandysilio on the Montgomeryshire Churches Survey site

Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for Domgay  chapel (in Welsh ) - with translation

Church Records

Detailed information on deposited registers and transcripts for this parish is given on the Powys Archives page Montgomeryshire parish registers

As a guide only, the principal extant parochial church records for this parish span the dates shown below (as detailed in Parish Registers of Wales, NLW 2000) but exact current holdings should be confirmed with the individual Archives;

  • Baptisms 1662-1735, 1737, 1740-1963; Marriages 1663-1735, 1740-1971; Burials 1662-1733, 1740-1986; Banns 1919-1975
    Parish Registers, or copies, for all or part of these dates are held at the NLW, and/or Powys Archives.  
    Bishops Transcripts for various periods are held at the NLW, Denbighshire Archives and/or Flintshire Archives 

St Asaph Notitiae; Deanery of Bromfield and Yale, parish of Llandysilio, Montgomery  1681   - on the NLW site

Description and Travel

You can see pictures of Llandysilio which are provided by:


Historical Geography

You can see the administrative areas in which Llandysilio has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.


Map of Montgomeryshire parishes on Montgomeryshire Genealogical Society's site - shows dioceses



You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ268192 (Lat/Lon: 52.765397, -3.086327), Llandysilio which are provided by: