Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Parish statistics; Area 4513 acres; Population 300 males, 296 females, total 596
- Llangyniew Parish Church Attendance - morning 20 + 9 scholars, evening 36 + 11 scholars Services in Welsh, some English Thomas Richards. Parish
- Newbridge Chapel, Llangynyw, Calvinistic Methodist Erected 1830 Attendance - morning 30, afternoon 52 scholars John Richards, Deacon, Joseph Richards. Lower Hall, Myfod
- Peniel, Independents Erected 1830 Attendance - morning 44 scholars, afternoon 65, evening 42 Thomas Hughes, Deacon, (?) Llaeloddiau